Mundus Vini BioFach 2012
by Redaktion (comments: 0)
The results of Germany’s biggest competition for organic wines are decided. 219 wines convinced the jury members in the 3rd Mundus Vini BioFach International Organic Wine Award and will receive their prizes in the presence of the Rhineland Palatinate Viticulture Minister Ulrike Höfken on stand 4A-550 at BioFach in Nürnberg at 11 a.m. on 15 February 2012. (Picture: Wine hall at BioFach 2011)
Alexander Stein, who is responsible in the BioFach and Vivaness team for the wine and olive oil highlights, is impressed by the high quality level of the organic wines: “The tasting session in Neustadt an der Weinstraße at the end of last year again showed what top products organic winegrowers from all over the world can produce with their wine know-how. The best of these outstanding wines are now presented with awards by the jury experts in the third competition for the MUNDUS VINI BioFach International Organic Wine Award. Buyers at the world’s leading exhibition are cordially invited to taste these in hall 4A on the four days of BioFach”
The Spanish bodegas were particularly successful by international comparison. They won a medal for each of the altogether 50 organic wines, with one Special Gold, 22 Gold and 27 Silver medals. The organic wine producers from Germany also have a respectable result to show, with 26 Gold and 21 Silver medals. They are followed in the medals table by the winegrowing nations France (39 medals, including two Special Gold), Italy (38 medals, including two Special Gold) and Austria (15 medals). The jury also awarded Special Gold to two organic wines from Australia and one wine from Chile.
A total of eight organic wines persuaded the experts to award top marks. The coveted “Special Gold” award was presented to the following wines:
- 2009 Kalleske Eduard Old Vine Shiraz Barossa Valley Kalleske Wines, Australia
- 2009 Johann Georg Old Vine Single Vineyard Shiraz South Australia Kalleske Wines, Australia
- 2009 Coyam Valle de Cachapoal Viñedos Emiliana SA, Chile
- 2009 La Baronne Alaric AOP Corbières Château la Baronne, France
- 2010 Les Ruches Mas de Quernes AOP Languedoc Peter Riegel Weinimport GmbH/Gens et Pierres SAS, France
- 2007 Caiarossa IGT Toscana Caiarossa srl. società agricola unipersonale, Italy
- 2007 Malvasia de Chianti/Trebbiano Toscana DOC Vin Santo del Chianti Fattoria la Vialla di Gianni, Antonio e Bandino Lo Franco, Italy
- 2007 L’Angelet Crianza DO Utiel-Requena Bodegas Palmera Heiner Sauer & Co. Weinvertriebs KG, Spain
Kommentieren Sie den Artikel
Parts of the editorial content on this website are password-protected. If you have an already existing subscription to bio-markt.info the user access is unchanged, unless your user name consisted of BLANK SPACES or there were less than 8 characters in your password. You may continue to use your previous user name but omit any blank spaces. If your previous password had fewer than 8 characters please fill up this minimum using as many "0"s as necessary. Example: the user name "Naturkost Laden" is turned into "NaturkostLaden"; the password "salat" changes to "salat000". If you are not yet a subscriber to bio-markt.info but would like to access the password-protected editorial content in the future please register here.
current issue of 'BioHandel'