You will then receive twice a week a short overview of articles recently published by Organic-Market.Info.
GreenTech Amsterdam with Organic Farmers Fair
by Editor (comments: 0)
From 12-14 June 2018, the international fair GreenTech Amsterdam 2018 will be held at RAI Amsterdam for the third time. With over 450 exhibitors,the show offers a comprehensive range of horticultural technology. For the first time "The Organic Farmers' Fair (TOFF)", will share knowledge and innovation on organic farming and will host an exclusive group of exhibitors in a separate hall.
The Research Center for Organic Agriculture FiBL is among the founding members of the TOFF and will actively contribute to the knowledge programme by exhibiting a selection of projects and publications at the FiBL booth as well as by giving presentations in the "TOFF theatre", the main stage of the fair, informs the institution. Among others topics such as crop protection, seeds, weed control, greenhouse growing, soil fertility, soil life will be discussed at the event.
TOFF programme in detail
Various sessions will discuss a couple of relevant themes in the field of organic farming:
- Darko Znaor and Martien Lankester (Avalon) will present the results of a recent study into true cost accounting for organic farming in comparison to conventional production in the Netherlands. Does switching to organic farming really generate more money if you also take the environmental and health costs into account?
- Wijnand Sukkel (WUR) will present the results of and insights provided by multi-year research conducted in the Dutch province of Flevoland. Which advantages does strip cultivation offer with respect to crop resilience, yield and quality? To what extent can this be put into practice by large-scale, professional companies?
- Panel discussion: experts from Bejo (seeds), FIBL and other organisations provide their opinion: which techniques should you allow in vegetable seed breeding or not and why? A hot topic in agriculture, politics and definitely also in the organic sector.
- Leonard Mol (Steketee) will discuss precision weed control and the utility and effect of precision hoeing.
- Koppert Biological systems, Biobest, DCM and knowledge institutions such as WUR and the University of Amsterdam will provide a status update on the latest developments in the field of organic crop protection.
- Organisations such as FIBL, Bionext and LBI will share their insights into the conservation and improvement of soil fertility; one of agriculture’s biggest long-term challenges.
TOFF On tour
Daily field trips will be organised to Bejo Zaden, Lepelaar Biodynamic Farm Shop and Huiberts Organic Flowerbulbs. For more details: www.greentech.nl/toff/visiting/
Free registration until 5 June
If you wish to attend TOFF, and so GreenTech too, you can register for free until 5 June at From that date onwards an online ticket price of € 40 including VAT will apply. On exhibition days tickets can only be purchased from the ticket office for € 70 including VAT.
High-Tech Summit: 'Feeding and greening the world by 2028'
On 11 June, the day prior to the official start of GreenTech Amsterdam and TOFF, a one-day 'High-Tech Summit', hosted for the second time by RAI Amsterdam, will explore how to best feed and green the world over the coming decade.