TP Organics: Call for Innovations 2018
by Editor (comments: 0)
For the fourth time, a Call for Organic Innovations has been launched by TP Organics, in order to compile solutions contributing to the transformation of European food & farming systems based on organic and agroecological principles.
The innovative solutions should contribute to one of the following aims TP Organics wants to see achieved by 2030:
- 50% of European farmland managed according to organic and agroecological principles;
- 75% pesticide reduction;
- Increase in (on-farm) biodiversity;
- 100% animal welfare;
- 50% food waste reduction; and
- 100% sustainable diets.
These targets are part of the Mission that TP Organics has proposed to be funded by Horizon Europe, the EU’s Framework Programme for Research and Innovation for the period 2021-2027.
Innovations contributing to three transitional pathways
TP Organics is looking for innovations from the organic or agroecological sector that have proven their effectiveness and show high potential to be scaled up. The innovations should contribute to all three pathways of transition:
- Efficiency: Produce more food with less waste, less environmental pollution, and less land degradation.
- Consistency: Food & farming systems adapted to territorial, cultural, and socio-economic contexts, respecting the carrying capacity of ecosystems.
- Sufficiency: Avoid that reductions in environmental impact are nullified by increases in consumption (rebound effect).
Application and awarding
Applications for the Call for Organic Innovations should be submitted by sending the filled in form to email@example.com before 15th September 2018. The winning organization will be awarded at the Organic Innovation Days on 28 November, Brussels, and have the opportunity to present its innovation to a broad audience of companies, researchers and policy makers. For further information please visit the TP Organics website.