Anti Fraud Initiative will meet in Ukraine
by Editor (comments: 0)
The organic market has currently the best quality management system of the whole food market, but fraud is still an issue. The Anti Fraud Initiative (AFI) in collaboration with IFOAM invites for the workshop “Improving Integrity of Organic Supply Chains” in Odesa (Ukraine) on 21-22 September 2017.
The Anti Fraud Initiative (AFI) aims to improve cross border communication among inspection and certification bodies, trade companies, label organisations and authorities to strenghten organic integrity.
Following the successful workshop in 2015, the event has these objectives:
- Creating awareness on the import country requirements in regard to transparency and traceability of organic production and trade to improve organic integrity for products
- Creating awareness among buyers on how to secure reliable organic products
- Identify cornerstones for effective controls, in particular in complex production and trade structures
- Improving risk oriented inspection methods
- Awareness creation for joint responsibility (producer – trader – CB – authority) of the entire supply chain
Invited are international importers, traders and feed-mills, organic farmers, exporters and other stakeholders from Ukraine, certification bodies operating in Ukraine and representatives of European and US ministries and authorities.
More information please find on the organic-integrity website
Login for subscribers