Greenpeace Austria: Merkur selected “Supermarket of the Year” in 2017
by Editor (comments: 0)
Last year again, the environmental organisation Greenpeace examined the range of the nine largest Austrian supermarkets and evaluated their organic products with regard to GMO-free production of products and the labelling of origin and quality of the respective ingredients. By the end of 2017, Merkur was voted "Supermarket of the Year" for the second time in a row.
The Austrian supermarket chain has won the following five categories owing to a wide choice of organically produced goods and the sustainable origin of raw materials and ingredients:
• Organic shopping basket (January 2017)
• Veggie-Barbeque (June 2017)
• Fruit and vegetables from Austria (July 2017)
• Pork and chicken (October 2017)
• Vanilla crescent biscuit ingredients (December 2017)
The supermarkets Billa and MPreis ranked second and third, having improved compared to the previous year.
Login for subscribers