IFOAM events at BioFach
by Editor (comments: 0)
Traditionally IFOAM EU Group is organizing a EU Policy Day at BioFach. There will be also the TP Organics´Science Day and other events by IFOAM.
In cooperation with BioFach, IFOAM EU organizes the Policy Day which main topic will be "A new EU organic regulation - an added value?" The event will take place on 15 February, 16:00 – 18:00, Room Kiew, NCC Ost.
16:00 Panel & Audience discussion: What should be the added value of a New Organic Regulation?
• Matej Hudec, Representative of EU Slovak Presidency
• Sabine Eigenschink, Vice President of IFOAM EU
• European Commission representative
• Michel Reynaud, Board Member of EOCC
Moderator: Eduardo Cuoco, IFOAM EU Director
17:20 Conclusion - Christopher Stopes, IFOAM EU President
17:30 The end of the session followed by reception
At TP Organics’ Science Day on 17 February, TP Organics and Technology Innovation Platform of IFOAM (TIPI) invite to join and define the new long-term strategy of TP Organics at Room Oslo, NCC Ost from 10:00 – 17:00.
Wednesday 15 February at Room Oslo, NCC Ost
• 15:00 – 15:45: Making the CAP more sustainable
• 16:00 – 17:30: How to improve the environmental performance of organic farming
Thursday 16 February at Room Budapest, NCC Ost
• 12:00 – 13:00: Organic cosmetics and textile: how to protect the term ‘organic’ for non-food areas (this session takes place at the VIVANESS Congress, hall 7A, stand 7A-733)
• 14:00 – 14:45: EU-US Organic Trade: challenges and opportunities after 5 years of organic equivalency
• 15:00 – 15:45: Using action plans to develop organics in Europe
• 16:00 – 16:45: OK-Net Arable knowledge platform: exchange knowledge, enhance farming
• 16:00 – 17:30: Safeguarding breeding and farmers' rights against patents on life (this session takes place at room Istanbul, NCC Ost)
Friday 17 February at Room Kiew, NCC Ost
• 09:00 – 11:00: IFOAM EU Farmers Group breakfast (this breakfast takes place at the Bioland stand 7/7-467)
• 10:00 – 10:45: The new organic regulation: a total shift of the control system in organic farming and production?
• 14:00 – 14:45: Brexit: the impact on organic in the UK and Europe
Find the complete overview on IFOAM website.
IFOAM will be present in hall 1, stand 446.