Organic Uttarakhand: conference and trade fair
by Editor (comments: 0)
Organic Uttarakhand 2016, an organic trade fair and conference will take place in Dehradun, March 10-13, 2016. It is organized by Uttarakhand Organic Commodity Board (UOCB), Govt. of Uttarakhand and International Competence Centre for Organic Agriculture (ICCOA).
The Himalayan state of Uttarakhand will comprise of a hi-quality exhibition of organic products, buyer-seller meetings, international conference on organic technologies, awareness programs and organic project visits.
The highlights of Organic Uttarakhand 2016
The event will be inaugurated on 10th March 2016 by the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand in the presence of the Agriculture Minister of Uttarakhand, also the Union Agriculture Minister is being invited.
The event will have six main components:
1. Organic Trade Fair: 100+ exhibitors comprising of private companies, farmers and farmer organizations, central and state govt. agencies, input companies, certification bodies from all across India will participate to display a diverse range of food and non-food organic products.
2. Buyer and Seller Meet: National and international buyers (including exporters, wholesalers and retailers) will be brought to meet with suppliers and farmer groups to negotiate trade and marketing.
3. International Conference: A knowledge sharing conference will be organized for 2 days. It will bring in leading experts as speakers from India and abroad and 150 delegates comprising of participants from diverse sectors constituting of farmers, traders/exporters, researchers, NGOs, Central and State Governments.
4. Farmers’ Workshop: Special workshop sessions will be conducted for farmers from many parts of the state and country. These sessions will be held in Hindi. Experts on organic production and value-chains will address these sessions.
5. Organic Awareness programs: This component will focus on creating awareness about organic food and its relevance to food safety, health and environment. Special sessions will be conducted by dieticians and nutritional experts for students, home-makers, general public etc.
6. Organic Food Court: An organic food court serving different local organic delicacies will be an added attraction.
Login for subscribers