SFS: industry leaders to tackle key sustainability issues
by Editor (comments: 0)
Some of the major sustainability issues facing the food industry will be tackled at the Sustainable Foods Summit, hosted in San Francisco on 18-20th January. Registration closes in one week.
Discussions will cover eco-labels outlook, climate-neutral foods, sustainable ingredients, GM labeling, food fraud & traceability, packaging impacts, food waste, retailer and foodservice perspectives, and consumer behavior. According to the organiser Organic Monitor the aim of the Sustainable Foods Summit is to explore new horizons for eco-labels and sustainability in the food industry by discussing key industry issues. How do organic, fairtrade and other eco-labeling schemes further sustainability? With growing proliferation in labels, what are the prospects for a single sustainability standard for food products? What are the practical application of sustainability metrics? What advances are occurring in sustainable ingredients? What developments are happening in formulation, production and marketing of sustainable food and beverages? Such questions are regularly addressed at this international series of summits.
The North American edition of this executive summit comprises two interactive workshops and four dedicated sessions over three days...
- Session 1: Sustainable Food Systems
- Session 2: Advances in Sustainable Ingredients
- Session 3: Marketing Update
- Session 4: Waste Impacts
- Workshop I: Financing for Sustainable Growth
- Workshop II: Food Authenticity and Traceability
The summit will be hosted at Parc 55 San Francisco on 18-20th January 2017. Contact us for the detailed summit agenda.
Speaker line-up includes...
- Seth Goldman, Co-Founder and President,
- Beth Rattner, Executive Director,
- Amarjit Sahota, Founder and President,
- Carla Barboto, Co-Founder,
- Seema Kedia, Marketing Manager & Sustainability Lead NA, BARRY CALLEBAUT
- Theresa Marquez, Chief Marketing Executive,
- Kenneth Ross, CEO, GLOBAL ID
- Darcie Renn, Senior Sustainability Manager,
- Ben Simon, CEO, IMPERFECT PRODUCE
- Sarah Bird, Board Member, JUST LABEL IT!
- Ted Monk, Sustainability & Corporate Responsibility VP, SODEXO
- Erica Walton, Co-Founder, ORGANIC COUP
- Meghan STASZ, Senior Director Sustainability, FOOD WASTE REDUCTION ALLIANCE
- Christine Moseley, CEO, FULL HARVEST
- Chris Running, Founder and CEO,
- Dan KURZROCK, Co-Founder, RE-GRAINED
- Jordan FIGUEIREDO, Anti-Food Waste Activist
- Chuck Templeton, Managing Director, S2G VENTURES
- Jaclyn Bowen, President, ELLIPSE ANALYTICS
Login for subscribers