Successful: Natural Products Scandinavia & the Nordic Organic Food Fair
by Editor (comments: 0)
Biggest ever Natural Products Scandinavia & the Nordic Organic Food Fair. Photo Expo
4724 attendees from across the world visited the Natural Products Scandinavia & the Nordic Organic Food Fair last week at MalmöMässan in Sweden. Representatives from over 2000 companies (from 60 countries) were there to meet a record 480 exhibiting companies on 15-16 November. Notably, the show attracted more retailers (+5%), and distributors (+7%) than in 2016.
As in previous years, the majority of visitors to the show were Swedish and Danish (60%), with key buyers and managers from many of Scandinavia’s biggest retailers, health stores, pharmacy chains, wholesalers and distributors, public kitchens, and supermarkets in attendance. Among them were: 7-Eleven, IKEA, Life Everkost, Netto, H&M, Åhléns, Axfood, Bergendahls, Catering Danmark, Coop Danmark, Coop Sverige, Dagsmeja, Dansk Supermarked, Everfresh, Hälsokraft, Haugen Gruppen, HKC Egenvård, Holland and Barrett, ICA Sverige, lush Butik, Martin & Servera, Menigo Group Sweden, Midsona, naturligtsnygg, Organic Beauty/M.Åsmundhavn AB, Orkla Food Sverige, Paradiset, Reitan Convenience, Rekogruppen Sverige AB, Renée Voltaire, Roskilde Festival, Ruohonjuuri Oy, Saltå Kvarn, Tree of Brands, Unilever Food Solutions, Valio, V-Sell Ekologiska Produkter, Yves Rocher, Magasin du Nord, Happy Food Store, and Matas DK, says the show report.
The rise in veganism
The show’s three theatres – featuring 50 expert speakers, 17 brands, 4 Beauty Hours, and 5 case studies in the new Food Waste conference – saw many sessions draw in standing room only crowds. Many of the natural and organic pioneers who took to the stage focused on key trends and future opportunities for the industry – sharing supportive stories and ideas on how to succeed in the market.
One of the show’s most popular sessions was ‘Global trends in natural & organic,’ delivered by Jim Manson, editor-in-chief of Natural Products Global.com. Using recent articles and commentaries published on Diversified UK’s new global web portal naturalproductsglobal.com, Manson discussed current major retail trends in key products categories from around the world. As well as a strong performance from organic, Manson highlighted a worldwide surge in sales of vegan products, noting that veganism is now claimed to be “the biggest movement of the 21st century”.
Visitors were very interested in the products that applied for the Natural & Organic Awards. Photo Expo
Natural & Organic Awards Scandinavia 2017
Featuring new launches from the last twelve months, the show’s Natural & Organic Awards Showcase boasted a record 155 products for 2017. The eleven ‘Best new product’ winners (as voted for by visiting buyers), the Butikstrender Most Unique Product Award, Foxpak’s Most Innovative Food Packaging Award, and the two prestigious ‘Outstanding Achievement’ awards were announced in the Organic Theatre at the close of opening day.
The 2017 winners include:
- Best New Eco/Natural Living Product – Ecogenic: Ecogenic Sports Laundry Detergent
- Best New Health & Nutrition Product – WellAware: Beet Up Work Out Energy Bar
- Best New Natural Beauty Product (cosmetics, haircare, beauty supplement) – Bruns Products: Shampoo N°04
- Best New Natural Drink Product – Soof Drinks: Movers & Shakers
- Best New Natural Food Product – Supreme Greek Taste: Rose Honey
- Best New Natural Skincare Product (face & body) – Organic Shop: Repairing Body Cream Banana Milk
- Best New Natural Special Diet Food Product (vegetarian, vegan, free-from) – Pookspafoods Gmbh: Pook Coconut Chips
- Best New Organic Drink/Beverage Product – Belorganic: Absolutely Wild Organic Birch Water
- Best New Organic Food Product – Nu Organics: Nucao
- Best New Organic Special Diet Food Product (vegetarian, vegan, free-from) – Food Young Operations SA: ZAZ Crush Cacao
- Best New Organic Non-Food Product – Bruns Products: Hair Souffle Number 14
- Most Unique Product, sponsored by Butikstrender – Innate Drinks: Innate Organic Infused Water
- The Most Innovative Food Packaging Award, sponsored by Foxpak – Andean Sol: Chia Seeds and Quinoa Packaging
Login for subscribers