SCS 2021: Future Evolution of Sustainable Cosmetics
by Editor (comments: 0)
On 25-28th October 2021, the European Sustainable Cosmetics Summit takes place online for the second time. Stakeholders from the cosmetics and beauty sector will discuss the evolution of sustainability issues in the cosmetics industry. Two of the most important questions here are which social and environmental aspects have come to the fore during the pandemic and how the industry can move towards a circular economy in cosmetics. Participants will also exchange ideas on how cosmetics manufacturers can adapt to a green future.
Key issues of the summit:
- Green materials
- Packaging impacts
- New technologies on sustainable materials and supply chains
- Circular beauty
- Marketing and customer issues
The key issues will be presented and discussed in 4 different summit sessions and a workshp:
- Session 1: Sustainability Developments
- Session 2: Green Materials
- Session 3: New Technologies
- Session 4: Marketing & Customer Impacts
- Workshop: Ethical Labels & Clean Beauty
Opening keynote and key speakers at the conference
Michael Brenner, Executive Board Member of Weleda, will give the opening keynote. He will share the company’s green journey and give his perspective on future developments of the oldest natural cosmetics brand in the world.
Further key speakers:
- Amarjit Sahota, Ecovia Intelligence, on “Sustainability Update & Outlook”
- Bernhard Berger, European Commission, on “Chemicals for Sustainability: EU Green Deal
- Dirk-Jan Oudshoorn, Forest Wise, on “Deforestation-Free Ingredients”
- Laura Schlebes, AAK, on “Mapping Environmental Impacts of Supply Chains”
- Alice Audoin, Art of Change, on “Encouraging Conscious Consumption”
Sustainable Beauty Awards
The Sustainable Beauty Awards will be co-hosted alongside the summit, on 26th October 2021. The international awards are open to cosmetic brands, ingredient firms, packaging companies, distributors, and related organisations. The 2021 Sustainable Beauty Awards are open to entries until 30th September.
There are five award categories:
- New Sustainable Product
- Sustainable Ingredient
- Sustainable Packaging
- Sustainability Pioneer
- Sustainability Leadership
The winners of the Sustainable Beauty Awards will be announced in a virtual awards ceremony on 26th October.
Login for subscribers