Vivatis acquires majority stake of Wojnar
by Editor (comments: 0)
The Austrian food group Vivatis wants to secure a majority stake in the Viennese fresh and chilled convenience specialist Wojnar. According to media information, 74 per cent of Wojnar's company shares and brand rights are to go to Vivatis. The prerequisite is that the Austrian Federal Competition Authority approves.
Wojnar's core assortment consists of spreads, sandwiches, delicatessen salads and take-away snacks, including organic products. 80 per cent of Wojnar's goods are sold in Austrian food retail and food service. The remaining 20 per cent are exported. The majority of the products are exported to Germany via the company's own production and sales organisation, where they are sold to food retailers such as Rewe and Edeka, as well as their discount subsidiaries Penny and Netto.
With this acquisition, the Vivatis Group intends to further expand its fresh convenience sector. In addition, the merger offers both companies "the opportunity to grow sustainably, healthily and qualitatively in the long term," says Gerald Hackl, CEO of Vivatis.
With brands such as Knabber Nossi, Inzersdorfer, Maresi, Toni Kaiser or Bauernland, Vivatis is one of the largest Austrian food and beverage manufacturers in Austria. For 2021, the Linz-based holding company expects annual sales of over 900 million euros.
Wojnar employs around 560 people and achieved a turnover of around 90 million euros in the past financial year. Together with Vivatis, the company is to be continued under the current management.
"Looking to the future, we are happy to have found Vivatis as an Austrian partner with shared values and visions," shares Daniela Wojnar, who runs the family business in the third generation with her two sisters
Login for subscribers